Job description –
Academic Director Responsibilities and Duties
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Teaching and Learning, the Director of Academic Services directs a District-wide program of study, curriculum, instruction, and professional development in order to ensure all students achieve at high levels.
- Interview and recruit teachers for appropriate departments.
- Work with Academic Coordinator to Plan faculty meetings, orientations, training and workshops.
- Support and participate in college and community-related activities.
- Plan budget, schedule, and resources for college and community-related activities.
- Coordinate with other Academic departments in sharing faculty and other educational and instructional ideas.
- Develop educational processes and policies to meet curriculum goals.
- Provide training to faculty on the latest instructional technology and technique.
- Develop unique and interactive educational programs and courses for students.
- Manage faculty resources, administrative staff, and other college resources.
- Develop and implement faculty development programs.
- Develop and implement academic enhancement programs for students.
- Schedule regular meetings with college staff and faculty staff.
- Assist in preparing students’ report cards and attendance records.
- Order and stock books and other school supplies as needed.
- To take responsibility for the academic quality and rigor of the school to further develop CEDP Skill Institute model of education in accord with current industry requirements.