Job Code – CEDP/FDMLT/003
Job Title – Faculty – DMLT
Department – Academia & Faculty
Location(s) – As per business requirement
Reports to – Dean
Date: 24th July, 2021
Salary Range – 500/- Per Session (Per Session=2 hr), negotiable for exceptional candidates at the discretion of HRM & the Directors
Required Qualifications – Diploma / Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology
Total / Relevant Experience – Experience: 5 – 7 years as a lecturer in Paramedical DMLT/CMLT/ MLT courses or in a medical laboratory set-up with atleast 3 years’ experience of teaching strongly preferred
Equipping students with the necessary skills and knowledge in the area of Medical Laboratory Technology
End to end course responsibilities including lecture delivery, exams along with administrative responsibilities as assigned by the department head from time to time
- Facilitate student learning in the field of medical laboratory technology, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes, using each course’s course sheet as a guide.
- A combination of teaching and administrative or service duties.
- Instructional load will be determined by the nature of the position, the needs of the department, etc.
- Develop course curriculum, course hand-outs, lectures, labs, and presentations.
- Participate in program level learning assessment. Participation includes helping articulate learning outcomes, choosing and administering measures, evaluating student performance, and suggesting changes to improve student learning.
- Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in textbook selection process where appropriate.
- Schedule, supervise, debrief, and evaluate students in internship, observation, field experience, and similar settings as appropriate for the course or program.
- Assign grades and maintain course/student records in accordance with CEDP regulations and submit grades and reports by established deadlines.
- Meet all classes and other scheduled responsibilities such as meetings at the designated times. A faculty member should inform the Dean if he or she is unable to meet a class on time.
- Keep a flexible weekly schedule that best facilitates student learning and access. Any changes in the scheduled class times or locations should have prior approval by the Dean.
- Participate in faculty evaluation process.
- Remain current in academic or program discipline, including attending professional conferences, and maintaining licensure, certification, or continuing education requirements where appropriate.
- Receive training or stay current in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning.
- Participate in the organization’s professional development activities.
- Help students achieve their educational goals through formal and/or informal advising.
- Serve on standing and ad hoc committees, advisory boards, hiring committees, faculty senate, or as a student organization advisor.
- Attend local, regional, state, or national meetings where required or necessary for the discipline.
- Mentor and/or assist in orienting new faculty either formally or informally.
- Attend departmental, divisional, and organization-wide meetings.
- Perform other academically related duties as assigned by the Dean
Titles of employees supervised – Not applicable
Number supervised – Not applicable
Other requirements –
Languages: English, Hindi, Marathi
Behavioural Competencies –
- Networking Ability
- Reporting skill
- Strong comprehending ability
- MS Office
- Data Presentation Skills
- Ability to connect with the students
- Flexible- For online lectures as per our availability
- Mobility-Ready to travel Thane and Borivali Branch
- Effective Communication Skills
- Team Player