Job Code – CEDP/F_Aviation/002
Job Title – Faculty – Aviation
Department – Academia & Faculty
Location(s) – As per requirement
Reports to – Dean / Deputy Dean
Date – 24th July, 2021
Salary Range – 500/-Per Session (Per Session=2 hr), negotiable for exceptional candidates at the discretion of HRM & the Directors
Required Qualifications – Diploma – Aviation, Higher program on aviation will be desirable
Total / Relevant Experience – 7 years + overall experience out of which 4 – 6 years of teaching experience at a college or institution level
The main purpose of this job is to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge in the area of Aviation and ensure that they are ready to be placed with corporate organisation or similar field or industries
Job Summary –
End to end course responsibilities including lecture delivery, exams along with administrative responsibilities as assigned by the department head from time to time
Job Description –
- Facilitate student learning specific to aviation segment, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes, using each course’s course sheet as a guide.
- A combination of teaching and administrative or service duties.
- Instructional load will be determined by the nature of the position, the needs of the department, etc.
- Develop course curriculum, course hand-outs, lectures, labs, and presentations.
- Participate in program level learning assessment. Participation includes helping articulate learning outcomes, choosing and administering measures, evaluating student performance, and suggesting changes to improve student learning.
- Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in textbook selection process where appropriate.
- Schedule, supervise, debrief, and evaluate students in internship, observation, field experience, and similar settings as appropriate for the course or program.
- Assign grades and maintain course/student records in accordance with CEDP regulations and submit grades and reports by established deadlines.
- Meet all classes and other scheduled responsibilities such as meetings at the designated times. A faculty member should inform the Dean if he or she is unable to meet a class on time.
- Keep a flexible weekly schedule that best facilitates student learning and access. Any changes in the scheduled class times or locations should have prior approval by the Dean.
- Participate in faculty evaluation process.
- Remain current in academic or program discipline, including attending professional conferences, and maintaining licensure, certification, or continuing education requirements where appropriate.
- Receive training or stay current in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning.
- Participate in the organization’s professional development activities.
- Help students achieve their educational goals through formal and/or informal advising.
- Serve on standing and ad hoc committees, advisory boards, hiring committees, faculty senate, or as a student organization advisor.
- Attend local, regional, state, or national meetings where required or necessary for the discipline.
- Mentor and/or assist in orienting new faculty either formally or informally.
- Attend departmental, divisional, and organization-wide meetings.
- Perform other academically related duties as assigned by the Dean
Supervisory responsibility –
Titles of employees supervised – Not applicable
Number supervised – Not applicable
Other requirements –
Languages: English, Hindi, Marathi
Behavioural Competencies –
- Networking Ability
- Reporting skill
- Strong comprehending ability
- MS Office
- Data Presentation Skills
- Ability to connect with the students
- Flexible- For online lectures as per our availability
- Mobility-Ready to travel Thane and Borivali Branch
- Effective Communication Skills
- Team Player